Cloud Architect will be responsible for architecture, detailed design and implementation of all aspects of the OS, virtualization and containerization aspects of the software applications.
This is a principal-level position within software development department, and in a highly collaborative environment working directly with Development, QA and Operations teams across geographies.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favorite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing & testing or employee treatment. Likeminded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling! Want to find out more? Check us out here: https://www.computaris.com/
Here’s what you will do:
- Design/Architect the blueprint of the solution.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for all team members on any cloud-specific/virtualization subjects and topics.
- Infrastructure/Solution assessment and creating strategy for solution implementation to cloud by either directly into the cloud or for hybrid-based environments.
- Responsible with strategy for automating the deployment of the infrastructure in a dynamic way so that it will fit for both cloud-native and hybrid-based customers.
- Increase automation level of deployment activities.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code and infrastructure deployment
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure and constantly improving the solution to be technical efficient, cost-effective and up-to-date.
- Providing improved dashboard capabilities to give the project stakeholders greater visibility
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- Level of independence: act as an evangelizer of the specific area
- Experience in Linux administration, particularly RedHat or Ubuntu
- Experience in deploying applications in Virtualized environments (Openstack )
- Experience in one or more Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google, OpenStack, etc
- Having experience with Docker and related management systems such as Kubernetes, OpenShift
- CI/CD experience including use of Git, Gerrit, Jenkins or other similar CI/CD tools and platforms.
- Good understanding of Microservice architecture
- Cloud API development/debug experience;
- RESTful API development experience;
- Experience coding and scripting with Bash/Python/Ruby and/or Perl
- Good knowledge of SCM tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Good knowledge of Version Control Systems (Git)
- Good knowledge about System reliability, high-availability solutions
- Good knowledge about distributed file systems: GlusterFS, Ceph
- Experience about relational databases and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra…)
- Analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problem
- Communication skills to discuss issues with testers and developers and to keep the overall team appraised of any system issues
- Good organizational, time and task management skills to prioritize work items
- Familiar with Agile delivery methodology
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills about new products and environments
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of virtualization solutions, including hypervisor and network virtualization (KVM/Qemu, OpenStack, OpenShift, VMware);
- Knowledge of distributed computing and big data architectures (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Would be a plus: Icinga2 for monitoring, EqualLogic storage (iSCSI), Experience with ELK/Grafana, experience with vCenter
- Having Cloud certifications will be a plus point
What’s in it for you:
- Supportive working climate, a very talented team and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performance
- Technical trainings and certifications
- Benefits package including medical insurance, flexible working environment and competitive remuneration, 3 sick days
- Excellent social benefits: sport events, team buildings, team events, parties, lunch & learns and meetups
- Central office location