As a DevOps engineer in Computaris, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the OpenStack cloud infrastructure, ensure that the CI and Test environments are operating correctly, fixing up issues as they arrive and providing general support to the development teams with these systems. The CI environment is implemented on a private deployment of GitLab Enterprise Edition (EE) hosted on premises.
You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Here’s what you will do:
- Maintain the general health of the OpenStack clouds – both proactively (through monitoring) and reactively by responding to issues raised by developers and testers;
- Assist projects on the platform with their CI scripts;
- Monitor the overall health of all the projects and identify where optimisations may be required to CI scripts;
- Provide improved dashboard capabilities to give the DevOps and project owners greater visibility into the performance of scripts;
- Acting as the first point of contact in situations dealing with low efficiency and challenges in implementing required features;
- Share information on the health of the systems, how to use them, best practice etc.
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- Minimum 2-year experience with managing Linux based operating systems (e.g. Centos/Redhat, Ubuntu/Debian);
- Very good understanding of networking concepts (e.g. DNS, VPN, Firewall, Routing, routes / routing tables, etc.);
- Good knowledge in the area of Virtualization: VMware/vSphere, QEMU/KVM;
- Master at least one of the scripting languages: Bash, Python, Perl;
- Familiar with databases (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.);
- Analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problems;
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems;
- Good time and task management skills to prioritise work items;
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in groups;
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with OpenStack and containerized environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with monitoring solutions like Prometheus, Nagios, Check_MK, Sensu, Icinga2
- Familiar with code versioning tools (e.g. Git, SVN) and CI systems
- Familiar with logs/stats management tools like Grafana, Kibana, fluentd, etc.
What’s in it for you
- Supportive working climate, a very talented team and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performance;
- Technical trainings and certifications;
- Benefits package including: medical insurance, flexible working environment, meal tickets and competitive remuneration, 3 sick days/year without need for medical justification;
- Excellent social benefits: office massage, sport events, team buildings, team events, parties, lunch & learns and meetups;
- Central office location.