As a DevOps Engineer at Computaris, you will be ensuring that the Continuous Integration (GitLab CI) and Test (OpenStack and VMware) environments are operating correctly for use by local and nearshore development teams.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing or employee treatment. Like-minded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Here’s what you will do:
In the area of OpenStack and VMware environments:
- Operate and maintain the general health of the OpenStack and VMware clouds used by the development teams – both proactively (through monitoring) and responding to issues raised by developers and testers
- Share information on the health of the systems, how to use them, best practices etc.
- Identify where issues lie with the OpenStack and VMware platforms or the orchestration scripts deploying the products
- Identify issues with test system integration into the overall network environment
- Identify usage trends and potential capacity issues to optimize existing resources and as planning input for increased resources.
In the area of CI:
- Assist projects on the platform with CI scripts – the scripts triggered by code being checked into the codebase and that trigger the necessary build, test and publish operations
- Monitor the overall health of all the projects and identifying where optimizations may be required to their CI scripts
- Provide improved dashboard capabilities to give the project stakeholders greater visibility into the performance of their scripts
- Analyze the team and user needs.
- Prepare relevant technical documentation for the above responsibilities
- Create/improve documentation for troubleshooting
- Manage Helpdesk tickets for the above CI and virtualized environments
Here’s what it takes to get here:
In terms of technical and soft skills we’re looking for someone with 3+ years of experience and:
- Technical skills to operate and maintain private OpenStack and VMware clouds
- Good knowledge of: Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), OpenStack, vCenter
- Good scripting skills (bash and python)
- GitLab CI pipelines
- Experience with Icinga2 for monitoring, EqualLogic storage (iSCSI ), ELK/Grafana is highly appreciated
- Analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problem
- Communication skills to discuss issues with testers and developers and to keep the overall team appraised of any system issues
- Good organizational, time and task management skills to prioritize work items.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills about new products and environments
- Problem solving skills
- High level of independence to act as an evangelizer of the specific area
To apply for this position, please send us your CV at: email@example.com.