Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing or employee treatment. Like-minded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Here’s what you will do:
In the area of OpenStack and VMware environments:
- Operate and maintain the general health of the OpenStack and VMware clouds used by the development teams – both proactively (through monitoring) and responding to issues raised by developers and testers
- Share information on the health of the systems, how to use them, best practices etc.
- Identify where issues lie with the OpenStack and VMware platforms or the orchestration scripts deploying the products
- Identify issues with test system integration into the overall network environment
- Identify usage trends and potential capacity issues to optimize existing resources and as planning input for increased resources.
In the area of CI:
- Assist projects on the platform with CI scripts – the scripts triggered by code being checked into the codebase and that trigger the necessary build, test and publish operations
- Monitor the overall health of all the projects and identifying where optimizations may be required to their CI scripts
- Provide improved dashboard capabilities to give the project stakeholders greater visibility into the performance of their scripts
- Analyze the team and user needs.
- Prepare relevant technical documentation for the above responsibilities
- Create/improve documentation for troubleshooting
- Manage Helpdesk tickets for the above CI and virtualized environments
Here’s what it takes to get here:
In terms of technical and soft skills we’re looking for someone with 3+ years of experience and:
- Technical skills to operate and maintain private OpenStack and VMware clouds
- Good knowledge of: Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), OpenStack, vCenter
- Good scripting skills (bash and python)
- GitLab CI pipelines
- Experience with Icinga2 for monitoring, EqualLogic storage (iSCSI ), ELK/Grafana is highly appreciated
- Analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problem
- Communication skills to discuss issues with testers and developers and to keep the overall team appraised of any system issues
- Good organizational, time and task management skills to prioritize work items.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills about new products and environments
- Problem solving skills
- High level of independence to act as an evangelizer of the specific area
To apply for this position, please send us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org.