QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer at Computaris, you will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes. You will be working closely with developers to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality, and you will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is fit for purpose.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing, testing or employee treatment. Likeminded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling! J
Here’s what you will do
- Take part in our Quality Assurance Process
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Design, develop and support frameworks for our test infrastructure and provie automation expertise to our development teams
- Contribute towards predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Mentor team members on automation
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
- Be able to write test plans from functional specifications and execute them
- Perform system tests, regression tests, performance tests and acceptance tests according to the schedule
- Deploy and integrate new software remotely or in person at the customer’s site
- Review the Functional Specification Document and require more details if needed
- Build a Test Specification covering the relevant sections of the involved Functional Specification Documents
- Write Performance Test Specification and run performance tests if required
- Use the bugs handling tool to record discovered product bugs
- Produce the Test Report at the end of Testing Activity
- Liaise with international partners to understand requirements, make investigations and facilitate third-level support
- Work according to agreed project plans
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- Experience in Quality Assurance department of a software development company
- Strong background in, and at least 3+ years of working in tooling or QA automation
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of languages including, but not limited to, Python or Pearl
- Relevant knowledge of Unix/Linux
Your experience also includes:
- Building test infrastructures using containerization technologies such as Docker and working within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
- Degree level qualifications in a technical related subject
- Experience with high performance systems and computer communications protocols
- Experience with systematic software development methodologies
- Highly motivated and ability to work in small teams
- Experience with international customers contact
- Knowledge of mobile telecoms
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to work with people on different teams and cultures
To apply for this position, please send us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org.