What we do:
Computaris is the R Systems European division, a global digital transformation leader that provides AI-driven solutions to clients across industries, through a broad range of technology & AI/analytics services. We continue to empower organizations since over 27 years, with 16 delivery centers, 25+ offices worldwide and a workforce of 2750+ professionals. In Europe, R Systems has offices in UK, Romania, Poland, Switzerland, and Moldova.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you will be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favorite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling! Want to find out more? Check us out here: https://www.computaris.com/
Computaris is looking for a talented and passionate Ruby Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team focused on software development for the telecom industry.
Here’s what you’ll have to do:
- Further develop core framework and several custom modules
- Structure the backend data and framework that provides the workflow to process requests and helper functions for the modules to use (e.g. logging, database access, and LDAP lookups).
- Work on improving the user experience and delivering a quality product
- Further help the client tuning and optimizing distributed applications for performance/cost
What you will need to succeed:
- Excellent coverage of Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language, preferable Java or C
- Should include database knowledge.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Required experience: 5-8 years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
- Technical Stack: NGINX, Puma, Rbenv, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Redis Cache
- Both new features development and maintenance
Nice to have:
- Telecom industry knowledge (e.g. architectures, protocols, applications, etc.)
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall development
- Familiarity with custom modules