Senior Java Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented and passionate Java developer to join our growing team focused on software development for the telecom industry.
As Senior Java Software Engineer in our team you will work on maintaining and adding new features to well established telco products used by millions of mobile subscribers around the world.
Our technology stack includes among others: Java 8, Docker, GitLab, Spring Boot, OpenStack, OpenAPI v3, Maven and the list may go on.
You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing or employee treatment. Like-minded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Here’s what you will do:
- Read and interpret pre-existing code
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code according to specifications
- Identify and investigate bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Document features based on project specifications
- Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure project deliverables
- Communicate with customers’ architects through various communication channels
- Provide support on project features
- Pass on knowledge through trainings, presentations and mentoring sessions to less experienced colleagues
- Provide status and feedback to management
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- Minimum 5-year experience in working with Java
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in groups
- High quality standards for software development
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Fluency with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
- Nice to have:
- Telecom industry knowledge (e.g. architectures, protocols, applications, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Customer-facing interactions
Some of the things you’ll find here:
- Supportive working climate, a very talented team and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performance
- Technical trainings and certifications
- Benefits package including: medical insurance, flexible working environment, meal tickets and competitive remuneration, 3 sick days
- Excellent social benefits: office massage, sport events, team buildings, team events, parties, lunch & learns and meetups
- Central location