(Senior) Software Engineer
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing or employee treatment. Likeminded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Here’s what you will do:
Design and specification:
- Your specification writing and project design skills will be in tune with our mid-weight and complex projects
- No risks threatening the implementation phase will get unnoticed by you
- You will express technical ideas in both speech and writing with the utmost skill
- You will independently implement, test and debug complex project features
- You will leverage your know-how to create and execute software test plans, including unit test plans
- Any software development process will benefit from your improvement ideas
- Your expert skills in using tools, programming and debugging techniques will be put at work
- You will apply your curiosity to identifying and analysing root causes
- Your problem solving skills will help you fix complex project bugs
- You will document all project features based on project specifications
- You will autonomously install and integrate developed software at customer site
- You will provide support on all project features
- You will demonstrate your confidence in offering support for software not developed by yourself
- You will pass on knowledge through trainings, presentations and mentoring sessions to less experienced colleagues; but you will also permanently and pro-actively improve your professional skills relevant to our field
- High quality standards for software development will not scare you, but nor will the idea of working on agreed budgets
- You are welcome to explore your ambition for leading teams or becoming an expert in relevant areas
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- You have 5+ years of full-time work experience in an IT company after graduation
- You are so good at Java, you have SQL knowledge and Unix/Linux environment programming experience. Add C/C++ and you’ll make us cheer.
Your experience also includes:
- high performance systems and computer communication protocols
- systematic software development methodologies
- customer-facing interactions