(Senior) Support Engineer
The employee will be involved in supporting a large range of software products in the field of mobile telephony, mobile commerce, telecoms messaging and telecoms interworking using state-ofthe-art technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert level support to Computaris customers located worldwide (via telephone, defect tracking tool, email).
- Assist customers with operation and configuration of Computaris supported software.
- Ensure that the problems reported by customers are properly understood.
- Assure that the investigation results are properly communicated to the customer.
- Ensure that the proposed solutions are understood correctly by the customer.
- Make sure problems are solved promptly within the customer SLAs.
- Achieve customer satisfaction and support metric goals.
- Fix the software based on specification documents or other helping materials and assure the defect is fixed in all the supported versions of the software.
- Create and execute software test plans.
- Enhance software created in earlier projects.
- Install and integrate software that has been developed on customers’ system.
- Update technical documentation for software that has been developed.
- Sometimes train customer support staff.
- Adhere to Computaris time reporting and other administrative procedures using Computaris’ tools for this purpose.
- Develop software according to agreed budgets with high quality, following Computaris quality standards based on ISO 9001.
- Agree and execute a Staff Development Concept to constantly improve professional skills relevant to Computaris business.
- Take part in an out of hour third-level support rota, when required to do so by Computaris.
- Team-leading and expert in areas to be defined.
Other support team members, support manager, team leaders, project managers, system architects, directors, customer’s staff, staff of associated companies, operator’s staff.
- A good university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years full-time working experience in an IT company after completing your degree.
- Experience with software development in Java, “C”, Oracle and Unix.
- Experience with Oracle database.
- Experience with high performance systems and computer communications protocols.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in small teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with contact to customers.
- Self sufficient/self starter who can work with little or no direction.
- Prior Customer Support Experience.
- Knowledge of mobile telecoms.
Knowledge of scripting languages, Corba, Application Servers.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Flexible and professional working environment.
- International projects with professional growth and travel opportunities.
- Work in a young and dynamic team.
- Laptop and mobile phone (including an agreed monthly amount for personal calls) Sport subscription.
- Various trainings, courses and certifications opportunities, company granted.
- 1 additional holiday day /employment year celebration on Computaris.
- 3 days of sick/ year without medical proof.
- Frequent team-buildings and social events.