(Senior) Support Engineer
The employee will be involved in supporting a large range of software products in the field of mobile telephony, mobile commerce, telecoms messaging and telecoms interworking using state-of-the-art technologies.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide expert level support to Computaris customers located worldwide (via telephone, defect tracking tool, email)
- Assist customers with operation and configuration of Computaris supported software
- Ensure that the problems reported by customers are properly understood
- Assure that the investigation results are properly communicated to the customer
- Ensure that the proposed solutions are understood correctly by the customer
- Make sure problems are solved promptly within the customer SLAs
- Achieve customer satisfaction and support metric goals
- Fix the software based on specification documents or other helping materials and assure the defect is fixed in all the supported versions of the software
- Create and execute software test plans
- Enhance software created in earlier projects Install and integrate software that has been developed on customers’ system
- Update technical documentation for software that has been developed.
- Sometimes train customer support staff
- Adhere to Computaris time reporting and other administrative procedures using Computaris’ tools for this purpose.
- Develop software according to agreed budgets with high quality, following Computaris quality standards based on ISO 9001
- Agree and execute a Staff Development Concept to constantly improve professional skills relevant to Computaris business.
- Take part in an out of hour third-level support rota, when required to do so by Computaris.
- Team-leading and expert in areas to be defined
Other support team members, support manager, team leaders, project managers, system architects, directors, customer’s staff, staff of associated companies, operator’s staff
- A good university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years full-time working experience in an IT company after completing your degree.
- Experience with software development in Java, “C”, Oracle and Unix.
- Experience with Oracle database.
- Experience with high performance systems and computer communications protocols.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in small teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with contact to customers
- Self reliant/self starter who can work with little or no direction
- Prior customer support experience
- Knowledge of mobile telecoms
Knowledge of scripting languages, Corba, Application Servers
- Competitive remuneration.
- Flexible and professional working environment.
- International projects with professional growth and travel opportunities.
- Work in a young and dynamic team.
- Laptop and mobile phone (including an agreed monthly amount for personal calls).
- Competitive medical subscription, including family members (wife/husband and children).
- Various trainings, courses and certifications opportunities, company granted.
- Meal tickets; beverages, fruits and milk in the office.
- 1 additional holiday day /employment year celebration on Computaris.
- 3 days of sick/year without medical proof.
- Frequent team-buildings and social events.
- Relaxation and games room in the office space.
- Twice/week massage sessions in the office