Computaris is looking for a talented and passionate Software Architect to join our growing team focused on software development for the telecom industry.
The Software Architect is a technical leader who analyses customer requirements to produce architectures, concepts and technical designs for software systems.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 10 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling! 😊
• Ensure that Computaris’ system architectures end solutions are documented in a clear, comprehensive, concise and non-contradictory way taking into account customer’s requirements and legacy systems.
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Computaris’ technologies and systems and their alternatives.
• Deliver system architectures and technical solutions that correspond to customer’s technical, performance and budgetary expectations and timescales.
• Deliver system architectures and technical solutions that lend themselves to efficient realisation.
Here’s what you’ll have to do:
• Analyze customer requirements and existing system architecture;
• Prepare concept specifications, architecture specifications and discuss those with the customer to find the best solution;
• Review and prepare implementation effort estimates together with Project Manager;
• Act as a Technical Lead inside the project team, constantly collaborates with Project Manager for successfully deliver the project;
• Attend project meetings (telephone and in person) internally, offsite and onsite with customer;
• Review technical project and non-project documentation;
• Ensure that defects and non-conformities are reported and resolved management procedures;
• Find solutions for difficult technical problems, raise risks;
• Act as presales technical lead for new opportunities with existing customers, where requirements are not clearly defined, and solution has to be provided in short time and can have big complexity and involve several 3rd party software;
• Evaluate 3rd party software products (also in telecom area);
• Follow software industry progress, trends and industry technological progress and is ready to apply new technologies when appropriate;
• Try out a new technology and correctly judge its usefulness (PoC);
• Have a wide and deep knowledge of Computaris’ systems and their alternatives at a technical level;
• Ensure that the company’s software procedures development lifecycle are followed;
• Assist in the continuous improvement of the software development lifecycle procedures;
• Help to disseminate technical expertise within Computaris.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Designing complex software applications;
• Programming in C OR Java;
• Experience with CI/CD;
• UNIX-like operating systems: Linux, Solaris;
• Real-time systems;
• High redundancy/high performance experience;
• Database design: SQL and/or noSQL;
• Minimum 5 years of experience with software applications development;
• A diploma for graduation of Informatics, Computer Science or Electronics University;
• Availability to travel abroad frequently, occasionally at short notice;
• Flexibility to deal with people from various cultures;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, presentations)
- Agile methodology – nice to have
- Telephony in general and GSM core networks in particular – nice to have
- Telephony protocols: SS7 – nice to have
What’s in it for you
• Supportive working climate, a very talented team and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performance;
• Technical trainings and certifications;
• Benefits package including: medical insurance, flexible working environment, meal tickets and competitive remuneration, 3 sick days;
• Excellent social benefits: office massage, sport events, team buildings, team events, parties, lunch & learns and meetups;
• Central office location.