As System Administrator at Computaris, you will deal with administration of IT systems and network – monitoring, configuration, corrections, changes, etc.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing or employee treatment. Like-minded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Here’s what you will do:
- End-user hardware support; OS installations, configurations and support
- Services and applications availability and support (AD and Windows Server troubleshoot, administration and maintenance; IT Security tools management (AV and Firewalls))
- Access rights management
- Participate in DR/BC activities (backup and recovery, high availability)
- Support and assist IT Department and related IT Projects
- 2nd level support: end-to-end troubleshooting infrastructure issues
- Escalate to 3rd level support or external 3rd party suppliers
- Maintain and automate the infrastructure within the current configuration, assuring availability, error checking and corrections
- Servers advanced administration (installation, configuration, maintenance): hardware, OS, system and network services, backup
- Virtual infrastructure management and support (VM, OpenStack, XEN, Cloud)
- LAN and WAN advanced administration (installation, configuration, maintenance): switches, routers, firewalls, VPN
- Maintain, support and administrate Computaris services and applications: backup systems, document repositories, code repositories (Git, GitLab, SVN, CVS, Nexus), ticketing tools systems
- Implement, maintain and support IT Security requirements (policies and procedures, dedicated tools)
- Monitor and detect infrastructure configuration errors and problems, report and propose configuration fixes and improvement solutions (Icinga, ELK)
- IT infrastructure automation support and implementation
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- At least 3-year experience on similar position
- Advanced English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – identifying where problems are occurring and netting down the nature of the problem; reporting statuses and progress; following procedures in matters of time and expenses
- Creating/improving documentation for troubleshooting
- Systems thinking – capability to correlate all essential causes and effects by getting the full picture, understanding the contingencies and pushing the right levers
- Team player attitude, communication and cooperation within the team and line manager
- Learning orientation – capability to develop the needed skills and knowledge in order to accomplish challenging objectives
- Passion for excellence – continuous interest in generating high-quality work output and in exceeding expectations
- Customer orientation
- Flexibility and commitment
- Excellent technical skills as well as knowledge of network systems
- Experience with firewalls, VPN’s, security architectures, methodology and tools. Technical skills to operate and maintain private OpenStack, VMware and XEN clouds
- Good knowledge of Linux (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu, Suse)
- Good knowledge of Chef
- Good scripting skills (bash)
- Experience with: Icinga2 for monitoring, ELK, Logstash, Grafana; Solaris OS administration, monitor and support; Perl, python scripting