As a Technical Support Engineer at Computaris, you will be involved in supporting a large range of software products in the field of mobile telephony, mobile commerce, telecoms messaging and telecoms interworking, using state-of-the-art technologies. Some of the biggest telecom players out there are waiting for you to wow them!
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. One of our colleagues’ favourite job perks is not getting bored even after 10 years with us. We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work” feeling!
Here’s what you will do:
- Provide L2/L3 support to Computaris customers located worldwide (via telephone, defect tracking tool, email or on-site).
- Assist customers with operation and configuration of Computaris supported software.
- Ensure that the problems reported by customers are properly understood and resolved.
- Assure that the investigation results are properly communicated to the customer.
- Ensure that the proposed solutions are understood correctly by the customer.
- Make sure problems are solved promptly within the customer SLAs.
- Achieve customer satisfaction and support metric goals.
- Fix the software based on specification documents or other helping materials and assure the defect is fixed in all the supported versions of the software.
- Create and execute software test plans.
- Enhance software created in earlier projects.
- Install and integrate software that has been developed on customers’ system.
- Perform system installation and integration activities.
- Update technical documentation for software that has been developed.
- Train the customer support staff, if necessary.
Here’s what it takes to get there:
- Minimum 4 years full-time working experience in an IT company after completing your degree;
- Working knowledge in software development in Java, Oracle and Linux/Unix is mandatory;
- Working knowledge databases: Oracle, MySQL;
- Testing experience – Traffic simulation, Load/performance Test;
- Prior L2/L3 support experience – ability to investigate technical issues, to identify and explain solutions, to initiate technical discussions with the customer;
- Knowledge of Telco industry and Telco protocols like SS7, Diameter and SIP;
- Bash scripting experience is an advantage;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Willing to work in small teams;
- Experience with contact to customers;
- Attention to details and results driven attitude.