TOP Testing Suite Demo
As already proven in use by mobile operators worldwide, TOP Testing Suite is a modular, multiprotocol and multiplatform tool that helps telecom software engineers to:
- define and manage a broad range of test plans
- perform advanced functional, load, performance, regression and stress testing in complex telco and IT environments
- automatically execute various test types in different phases of system deployment and installation
- dynamically test various protocol servers using the black-box approach
Diameter and supported protocols
TOP Testing Suite is Java-based tool combining the JMeter platform with open-source elements and Computaris plug-ins. It supports all major industry-wide IT and telecom protocols including:
- Diameter Client and Server, with Diameter interfaces including: Ro/Gy, Rf, Gx, Sy, S6a/S6d/S6c, Sh, Cx/Dx, etc.
- RADIUS Client and RADIUS Server Plugin enhancement, SIP, LDAP, Telnet/SSH, JDBC, SOAP/Web Services, JMS, CORBA, SMPP and SMPP Server Plugin enhancement, HTTP Server, CORBA and more.
The Diameter plugin supports the Diameter-Base standard (RFC 3588), as well as specific Diameter applications (defined in configuration). It also allows:
- the specification of the server(s) addresses and parameters for CER and DPR
- the easy creation of any Diameter commands by GUI
- the validation of response messages (AVP inspection, header inspection)
- the displaying of aggregate results (latency, throughput – min, max, average, deviation)
- the displaying of request/responses one by one
- standalone samplers for performance/load tests
Computaris TOP Testing Suite (TTS) can simulate both Diameter and SIP signaling used in VoLTE session management.
The Diameter interfaces supported by TTS on top of Base Protocol include: Cx, Dh, Dx, Gy, Gx, Rf, Ro, Rx, S6a, Sh, S9, Sy. The SIP plugin provides connectivity to VoLTE x-CSCF elements allowing for sending SIP messages used in registration, IMS session initiation, charging and release.
The TTS testing scenarios for VoLTE implementation cover currently the area of:
- Offline and online charging via Rf, Ga and Ro Diameter interfaces
- Home Subscriber Server over Sh, Cx and S6a interfaces
- Policy and charging control testing using Rx, Gx, S9 Diameter interfaces
In the context of IMS, Computaris TTS supports following testing types:
- Load and stress: TTS deployment includes Asynchronous Diameter Sampler for load and stress testing. TTS can send towards the system under test (HSS) thousands of asynchronous Diameter requests (ULR) from average hardware (laptop). If higher loads are necessary multiple instances of TTS in client-server setup can be used
- Performance tests: Similarly to load and stress testing, TTS can send high number of requests and measure response time and throughput. TTS includes listeners to present results in numerical values and in graphical form
- Functionality: The TTS supports both client and server connections. In specific scenarios it is possible to isolate the system under test and process incoming and outgoing communication. One example would be HSS with Cx/Dx interfaces and connections with I/S-CSCF
- Interoperability and conformance testing: The interoperability tests are focused on testing system conformance to general standards like ETSI TS 101 606-2 for PCRF Gx interface. The TTS supports building complex sets of test cases to be run before installation and after each update of tested system (PCRF releases)
The sets of test cases can be created by test engineers using TTS based on IMS specifications and vendor documentation.
Testing method can be supported using single or many TTS instances in master-slave configuration when more throughput is required.
- Complete portability and 100% Java-based
- User friendly and powerful GUI for test scenarios definition
- Multithreaded framework for concurrent sampling
- Load and performance tests capabilities
- Caching and offline analysis/replaying of test results
- Available plug-ins for data analysis and visualization
- Support for BeanShell scripting language
- Highly extensible with pluggable samplers
- Easy distributed testing deployment
- Test cases saved as XML
- Development of specialized telecom oriented plug-ins
- Extension and support for JMeter framework
For a full description of the features, the terms of our SLA and the maintenance and support services, please contact us directly.